The ancient way of making bread was to use yeast that was available in nature to ferment the flour to make bread. The Egyptians have been known to perfect this method andnitnis documented through their drawings. All over the world, there are examples of civilizations making different breads with this method.
At The Dough & Batter, we have developed our own Whole-wheat Sourdough starter and all our breads use the same. No commercial yeast is used. All our Sourdough breads takes more than 24 hours to make.
Sourdough uses only Flour+Salt+Water. Rest is passion, patience and skill to convert it into the most gut-friendly bread.
We add the following flavours to make interesting combinations.
- Plain Whole-wheat Sourdough
- Jalapeno & Cheddar Cheese Sourdough
- Olives (3-types) & Italian Herbs Sourdough
- Cranberry, honey and Walnut Sourdough
- Tumeric and Activated Charcoal (Kalee peeli)
- Superfood Spirulina (Green, blue)
- Prickly Pear Extract
- Pumpkin Pulp
- Purple-Wheat and Beetroot